On-line registration MUST be completed by March 13!
Online registration is now open at barbershop.org and https://ebiz.barbershop.org/ebusiness.
If you are planning on competing there are four things you must do:
1) Make sure your group is ‘official’ with BHS. Choruses are done – being part of an official chapter. Quartets (Regular, Seniors, AND College quartets) must be registered as official quartets with BHS. Call 800-876-7464 if you require assistance in registering or renewing your quartet.
2) Make sure all of the members of your group (except for guys only singing in a College quartet) are paid up members of the BHS.
3) Register your group for the contest:
– To enter the Quartet International Preliminary Contest, District Chorus Championship, or District Senior Quartet Championship please visit the Barbershop Harmony Society website and complete the appropriate CJ-20 forms. Look under the “Competitions” tab and find “Contest Entry”. Choruses will also be asked to fill out a competition roster with members’ names for name badge purposes.
– To register a College quartet you should contact BHS headquarters at email@example.com or go to this website: http://barbershop.org/collegiate-quartet-registration.html.
– High School Quartets please contact Kameron Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4) Purchase a registration for every member of your group (but just one registration per man – even if he is competing in multiple groups). You can use the on-line payment process or send a check to VP C&J Dave Rubin at:
1693 Hanover St
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
The cost is $35 per competitor, checks made out to “Johnny Appleseed District” and RECEIVED by Dave by April 1.
Guys competing ONLY with a College quartet pay $15 for the entire quartet to get your tickets (not $35 per member).
If you have further questions please contact Dave Rubin (JAD VP of Contest and Judging) at email@example.com or 216/403-2289
For more information visit the Convention page HERE.