Spring Convention/International Prelims
This convention has two major components:
One is to pick the quartets – both ‘Open’ and ‘College’ quartets – that go to the International competition in July. (This is different from the Quartet District Championship which happens at the Fall convention)
The other component is the District Chorus Championship and the District Senior Quartet Championship. The Chorus Championships are currently contested in 4 ‘plateau’ levels based on previous contest results.
This Convention is held in April, at a location that can change from year to year.
To summarize, here are the competitions you can expect to see at this Convention:
- Open Quartet International qualifying
- College Quartet International qualifying
- District Senior Quartet Championship (Senior Quartet qualifying to MidWinter Convention happens at the Fall Convention)
- District Chorus Championships – 4 Plateaus (Chorus International qualifying is also in the Fall)
- High-School Quartet: The top-scoring high-school competitors have the honor of being declared JAD High-School champs for the current year.
2013 Spring Convention/International Prelims Information
Date: April 12 and 13, 2013
Place: Huntington WV
Hosts: Huntington Tri-State and Charleston Chapter
Pullman Plaza Hotel
1001 Third Ave
Huntington WV 25701
Hotel Front Desk: 304-525-1001 Toll Free: 1-866-613-3611
Room rate: $89.00 + tax. (Identify yourself as a member of JAD when making reservations)
Reservations Cutoff Date: March 22nd is the cutoff date! Make reservations prior to March 21st.
Huntington High School
1 Highlander Way
Huntington WV 25701
For the competitors:
Chorus members should arrive at the School dressed for stage, and will be directed to their ready rooms by host personnel.
Classrooms will be available at the school for use by the choruses and quartets. Please refer to your time schedule after the draw for your scheduled time of use.
Competitor Registration Fee:
$35.00 per man, chorus and/or quartet (Fee per man covers both quartet and chorus competitor fees).
Quartet and Chorus Registration
To register to compete in the 2013 Quartet International Preliminary Contest, District Chorus Championship, or District Senior Quartet Championship please visit the Barbershop Harmony Society website and complete the appropriate CJ-20 forms. Look under “Contest Entry”.
Collegiate Quartets should contact Dave Rubin – JAD VP of C&J or headquarters at email@example.com to register for the Collegiate contest”
Chorus Individual Competitor Registration
Click here to enter details for Chorus members’ name badges and
- All-Events: $35.00
- Single Event: $20.00
- Student 17 & younger: $ 5.00
- College Student (age 18-24): $15.00
Now accepting online payments for the 2013 JAD Spring Convention! Click Here
Payment by check
Make checks payable to:
Johnny Appleseed District
32447 Hamilton CT #103
Solon, OH 44139
Checks must be mailed by April 1st.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, April 12 2013
Registration open @ HQ Hotel —— Noon to 4:30 PM
House of Delegates Meeting ——— 1:00 to 4:00 PM
Registration open @ Contest Site ———— 5:00 PM
Quartet Contest :
Quartet Semi – Finals ——————- 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Registration open @ Contest Site ———– 9:00 AM
Chorus Contest ————————-10:30 AM
High School Quartet Contest
2012 District Champion Chorus performance
Registration ————————————- 6:00 PM
Quartet Finals ———————————– 7:00 PM
2013 District Champion Chorus performance
Headquarters Hotel Following Contest Events all weekend:
- District President Hospitality Room (Friday night)
- Hospitality Rooms (Saturday night)
- Contest times are subject to change to accommodate volume of registered competitors. Check the JAD web site for any changes.
- Questions concerning contest registration need to be directed to David Rubin, VP C&J
- Questions concerning convention or convention facilities need to be directed to Michael Harrison VP, or Steve Sommer, Convention Manager.
- No advance non-competitors registrations. All non-competitor registrations will be sold at the event.
NOTE: CHANGES OR ADDITIONS MAYBE MADE TO THIS INFORMATION AS CONVENTION PLANS ARE FINALIZED. CHECK THE JAD WEBSITE FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES.