Youth In Harmony
For more information about any of the following outstanding events for young people, e-mail JAD’s VP Youth in Harmony, Robbie Churgovich (email@example.com), or call him at home at cell # 330-421-4024. You can also explore Barbershop Harmony Society’s YIH program on the Society’s Web site.
2013 High School Quartet Contest
The 2013 High School Quartet Contest will be held Saturday, April 13, 2013 approximately 1:00 PM at the Huntington High School (1 Highlander Way, Huntington WV 25701)
Quartets will sing two songs, a cappella, arranged in the Barbershop (close harmony) style. Quartets will be judged on music, delivery and singing (essentially singing the style and using appropriate arrangements and lyrics), delivering the song with believability and enthusiasm, and singing with good technique (maintaining pitch and tuning chords). There will be a separate division for males and females.
Click here for the full Information sheet!
Click here for the contest registration form!
Harmony Camp, held each summer at Ohio Wesleyan University and conducted by the Singing BuckeyesChapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society, is a world-renowned program for high-school students. Here’s what you get:
- Four days of fun for high school students, both young men and women, interested in vocal performance. We also offer an additional fifth day dedicated to quartetting!
- Professional vocal instruction at an affordable price.
- An opportunity to sing with and learn from talented performers.
- A crash course in the intricacies of four-part, a cappella harmony.
- Instruction and experience in singing technique and stage presence.
- A performance in front of barbershop enthusiasts of all ages.
- Special attention will be given to student quartets.
- A chance to make new friends from across the state.
If you’re interested in learning more about Harmony Camp, including schedules, costs, scholarships, sponsorships, and directions, here’s where you can find the latest information about the upcoming Harmony Camp.
Greater Cincinnati Harmony Festival
The Greater Cincinnati Harmony Festival is a unique and comprehensive a cappella harmony music program for young women and men. In three days, the students get professional vocal music education, rehearsals, and coaching by top music educators and barbershop experts. They learn harmony basics, singing technique, choreography, and performance skills, and star in a Show with other award-winning barbershop singers on Saturday night – a Show that is open to families, friends and the public. Perhaps best of all, students meet lots of other young women and men who enjoy singing. For more information about The Greater Cincinnati Harmony Festival, please visit www.harmonyfestival.org.